[COLUMN] Solving your IRS problems

READ this if you owe the IRS money and can’t pay.

IRS problems have a way of ruining all aspects of your life. They take a toll on you FINANCIALLY, PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY. They’re there when you go to bed at night and they’re there when you wake up in the morning. The IRS is relentless and is the WORST CREDITOR you can have.

People with IRS problems are always looking over their shoulders for the IRS. Once you owe the IRS money, they become very aggressive in their collection attempts. They can: (a) Take all the money you have in your bank account through a BANK LEVY; (b) Serve your employer a WAGE GARNISHMENT order; and (c) Take your assets and sell them at an auction (d) File a federal tax lien against your home.

If you own a small business, PAYROLL TAXES are the worst. The IRS can close your business, sell your assets and hold you PERSONALLY LIABLE for the unpaid taxes.

The IRS leaves no stone unturned in its never-ending quest to collect taxes. Imagine having the IRS attack your pension, retirement or Social Security Check!

Taxpayers with IRS problems can never build up retirement funds or assets. When you have IRS problems, there is NO END IN SIGHT! You get up every day with this incredibly large problem on your shoulders. You wonder if today might be the day when the IRS shows up at work, at home, or if they decide to take your money in the bank or your paycheck. This is a HUGE BURDEN TO CARRY EVERY DAY!

SOLUTION: Are there ways out of IRS problems? Yes, there are. But you must make the decision to end them and no one else can decide that for you. When you decide that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and you want the things that everyone else has and YOU’RE READY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, there are options available to you!

1) You may qualify for tax debt forgiveness depending on what the IRS sees as your “reasonable collection potential.” This takes into account assets, property, and your income.

2) You may qualify for CNC or “currently not collectible status.” If you have no money to pay now because you are unemployed or have limited income, the IRS may leave you alone until your situation gets better.

3) You may qualify for an installment agreement to pay based only on what you can afford to pay. In some situations, you may not even have to pay the full amount.

4) You may qualify for penalty abatement. Did you know that in some cases, a big chunk of what you owe is due to penalties? By having some of the penalties waived, your tax debt could be reduced significantly.

5) Are you a non-filer? Do you have multiple years of unfiled returns and are afraid to face the IRS? By voluntarily admitting that you have failed to file your returns for years, the IRS can be less forgiving and allow you to get back on track. Remember, it is not a crime to owe taxes. But it is against the law to willfully evade taxes by not filing a tax return when required.

The above scenarios are typical, and I see them every day. My office specializes in ending the misery of debt problems, including IRS problems. We do all the talking with the IRS. We will handle all the meetings and correspondences with the IRS. We will keep the IRS away from you and your family so that you can go to work and carry on a normal life.

Your IRS problems will not go away by themselves. Let us help you understand your options in ending your IRS nightmare!

If you owe the IRS, the State, EDD or State Board of Equalization, my office can help you find the best solution to resolve your tax liability. You will never have to speak with the IRS again. I will review your case and help you make the best decision for yourself and family.

* * *

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Asian Journal, its management, editorial board and staff.

* * *

None of the information herein is intended to give legal advice for any specific situation.  Atty. Ray J. Bulaon has successfully helped over 6,000 clients in getting out of debt. For a free attorney evaluation of your situation, please call RJB Law Offices at TOLL FREE  1-866-471-8272.

               (Advertising Supplement)

The Filipino-American Community Newspaper. Your News. Your Community. Your Journal. Since 1991.

Copyright © 1991-2024 Asian Journal Media Group.
All Rights Reserved.