• 3 ½ cups of frozen grated cassava or fresh cassava if available
• 1 ½ cup evaporated milk (or ¾ cup of whole milk and ¼ cup half and half )
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup cane sugar
• ½ cup condensed milk
• 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz.)
• pinch of salt
• ½ cup melted butter (save 1 tbsp to grease bottom of pan)
• ½ cup of unsweetened toasted coconut
• 4 egg yolks
• ¾ cup of whole milk and
1. In a bowl combine the egg yolks, condensed milk, and evaporated milk and stir well. Set aside.
2. Using the melted butter or margarine, grease bottom and all sides of a 13” x 9” baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, grated cassava, coconut milk, and condensed milk. Stir well and pour mixture into greased baking pan. Bake in a 350 F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
3. Remove from oven and let cake settle for 5 minutes.
4. Pour custard topping mixture over surface of cake. Return back to oven and reduce temperature to 325 F and continue to bake until top sets and lightly browns (Approximately 20-25 minutes).
5. Allow to cool for at least 45 minutes for the cake to settle and then slice into serving pieces.
For the Flan/Custard Topping
1. In a bowl, combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and milk. Stir well.
2. Pour over surface of cake and return to oven to bake until set.
3. Top with toasted coconut