After a successful holding of the Franchise Asia Philippines 2022 Virtual Conference last September, the Philippine Franchise Association (PFA) is bringing back Franchise Asia Philippines Expo to SMX Convention Center-Manila on October 14 to 16, 2022. This will be the first time since 2019 when Asia’s biggest franchise show will be held physically. “Because of the pandemic,” said PFA Chairman Sherill Quintana, “we had to cancel our show last 2020 even though we were only 2 weeks away from it. But because of public clamor, we brought our expo online last 2021. This time, however, we are excited to bring back Franchise Asia Philippines Expo 2022 face-to-face.”
“We are confident that our expo will be instrumental in creating business and job opportunities for our fellow Filipinos just as it has always done,” PFA President Chris Lim remarked. “We already had 2 physical expos this year – in Xavier School and Cebu – an both expos broke records. We expect,” he added, “that our show this October will once again gather huge crowds just as it always had.”
But why is Franchise Asia Philippines Expo one of the country’s most anticipated trade event? Expo Chair Jose Magsaysay, Jr. enumerates the top 3 reasons:
1. It is a one-stop shop of business opportunities. For Filipinos dreaming of owning a business or for those who want to keep their money growing by diversifying their investments, Franchise Asia Philippines Expo will showcase 500 brands both homegrown or foreign.
Speaking of foreign franchises, this year’s expo will feature franchise opportunities from Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan, which will all have country pavilions. There will also be franchise brands from Thailand, US, Japan and other countries.
The choices also range from new concepts to established brands like 7-Eleven, TGP, Phoenix Petroleum, Seaoil and many more.
2. Entrance is free. Yes, while the expo is a treasure trove of investment opportunities visiting the expo is free for those who register online. Click on this link to get your free pass: https://www.franchiseasiaph.com/events-1/international-franchise-expo-1/
3. There will be seminars for aspiring franchisees, franchisors and entrepreneurs. Franchise Asia Philippines Expo is also a venue for learning since it offers the following seminars:
– How to Invest in the Right Franchise – which is for those who are considering to start a business via franchising (https://www.franchiseasiaph.com/events-1/how-to-invest-in-the-right-franchise-seminar-2)
– How to Franchise your Business – which is specifically designed for businessowners who want to grow their business via franchising (https://www.franchiseasiaph.com/events-1/how-to-franchise-your-business-seminar-2)
– 5 Ways to Grow Profit by Action Coach (https://actioncoach.com.ph/5-ways-to-grow-profit/)
– Future-Proof your Brand for Growth by Bluethumb (https://www.franchiseasiaph.com/events-1/future-proof-your-brand-for-growth)
4. We are in the threshold of the golden age of franchising. While the pandemic was challenging for many businesses including the franchise sector, it also opened opportunities for those who were quick enough to pivot. PFA has been advocating for members to go digital even before the pandemic to prepare the sector for the 4th industrial revolution. This helped members and the franchise sector quickly shift to digitalization.
By going digital and by adopting new business strategies, franchises continued to expand despite the challenges. This means that franchising remains to be a viable investment option for Filipinos. It is also worth noting that 42% of the exhibitors in the Expo are first time exhibitors which is a clear indication that the franchise sector grew despite the challenges of the past 2 years.
5. The Expo will feature suppliers, business solutions providers and other business enablers. This means that the Expo is not only for those looking for a franchise but also for businesses that are looking for suppliers and service providers that can help them effectively manage their business to increase productivity and profit. A business matching to help entrepreneurs connect with business enablers has been organized for this on October 14, 2:30PM at the Function Room 1, SMX Convention Center.
Franchise Asia Philippines 2022 is co-presented by BPI, PLDT Enterprise and InLife Health Care.