OUST DUTERTE PLOT BEING HATCHED IN NEW YORK?
“I DO not know whether those reports are true, I deny having said those things and I am sure Sec. Ernie Abella would not say those things,” said Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Perfecto Yasay, Jr. when asked at the Town Hall meeting with the Filipino-American community in New York Wednesday, Sept. 21 if he knew about the alleged plot to oust President Duterte from power.
Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said on Monday that they have a list of Filipino-Americans in New York who are planning to oust President Duterte from power come January 2017.
Andanar didn’t name his source but he said his information came from a cabinet secretary who is currently in New York.
He told radio station DZRH, “I was just talking to somebody in New York now who is also a member of the Cabinet – I won’t mention his name. But he also heard of the Fil-Ams in New York who are planning. They are hatching a plan to oust the President by January 2017. There is this kind of report.”
“I’m glad you asked that because I heard about it, too,” Sec. Yasay said, addressing the Asian Journal. “The information allegedly came from two Cabinet secretaries who are now presently in the United States, particularly in New York, and these cabinet secretaries are Secretary Yasay and Secretary Abella, who is right in front of me.”
Yasay expounded that while he heard about the Oust Duterte Movement from Manila, “the rumors about the assassination attempt certainly to me is a part of a bigger conspiracy to discredit our president.”
According to the Manila Bulletin, operatives of the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) arrested a veterinarian last month in Barangay Tangub, Bacolod City on charges of arms smuggling after retrieving from him a balikbayan box containing weapon parts shipped from the United States worth P4.5 million.